Tuesday 22 September 2009

Autumn Girl

Here is my VERY first attempt at colouring with Copics.
Now I understand why everyone loves them -
the pens are fabulous to work with,
with a much softer tip than I expected.
I haven't quite got the hang of the blender pen yet,
sometimes it seems to leave a little water mark behind.
Still, I can see that I am going to have so much fun
learning how to use them.
I used my coloured image on this card for the
Stamp with Fun challenge.
This week's theme is 'Autumn'.
Please check out their blog, there are some really
stunning cards from the DT.

Recipe:
Little girl stamp, GCS Artstamps,
coloured with Copics (how cool is it to say that? lol*)
Design Paper - My Mind's Eye, Bloom & Grow.
Candy leaves and ribbon from my stash.
xxx

8 comments:

Julie said...

There you go - you had absolutely nothing to worry about - a pro straight off

Lorraine A said...

Fabulous card caroline :-) Well done with the copics ! your colouring is fabulous, I get 'watermarks'sometimes too ,, not quite sure why tho ! I just keep stumbling on and hoping for the best :-)

Luv Lols x x

Penni said...

Beautiful Caroline.

The blender pen isn't really a blender pen in the usual sense. It actually works by taking colour away rather than blending colours together. Suzanne Dean has some fabulous tutorials on You Tube on colouring with copics you can find her blog at http://scrapbitz.blogspot.com/. She has links in her sidebar to all her tutorials. It's well worth a visit, her tutorials are brilliant - I've found them really useful.

Hugs
Penni
X

Anonymous said...

cute fall card !!! sweet image !! thanks for joining in our challenge.
hugs tina46
swf-team

Tracy said...

What a great job with the copics, too expensive for me, but it took me a while to get the knack of distress inks and H20's so keep going and you'll be a pro in no time at all.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tammi said...

She's so cute, I've never seen her before, colored beautifully! Awesome job on your first try with the copics, your already a pro! I rarely use my blender pen, a "lighter" color works better for me to blend. :) ~Hugs

Lisa Lou said...

I've never seen that image before. Love it and love your card!!

debby4000 said...

Oh she is gorgeous, can't believe you've only just got your copics.
luv
Debby