Monday 1 February 2010

Monochrome Boy's Card and Wallet

I thought this week's great sketch over at
Allsorts Challenge
was just perfect for a boy's card.
And, as it's my nephew's birthday soon,
I made a matching wallet for his birthday money.
You can't go wrong with cold, hard cash for teenagers can you?
:-)
There's a DT call at the allsorts blog this week too -
so get your name down if you're interested.
I used my favourite papers of the moment,
the Papermania Capsule Collection - this one is 'Mono'.

I made the wallet by simply folding a piece of card in half.
On the bottom half I stitched down 2 thin pieces of card,
that will hold the cash in place.

To keep it closed, I cut a narrow strip off the top piece of card,
so that it neatly tucks behind a circle, held in place with a brad.
Recipe -
Stamp - from the WOJ Spring 09 collection,
coloured with Copics.
Design Paper - Papermania capsule collection Mono
Brads and sentiment from my stash.
xxx

3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, love the colour combo and sweet image too.
luv
Debby

Debs said...

Simply stunning!! Thanks for sharing it with us at Allsorts this week.
Take care
Debs xx

mrsk06 said...

Hi Caroline

What a fab male card you've made and i love your colour combo too it all fits perfectly!

Take care

Sal xx