Saturday 12 June 2010

Home Sweet Home

Awww shucks... this is one of those cards
that was definitely better in my head than on paper.
I'm just not very happy with it.
Maybe I will like it more, if I just step away from it for a while.

I made it for my daughters,
who are moving in to their new digs at the end of the month.
They will both be in their final year at Uni.
and I am so glad they are going to be living together.

I cut out the card shape, windows etc myself..
because I couldn't find a template on the net.
The one thing I am happy with, is that little brad,
found at the bottom of my stash.
It had an extra bit on it, that just looked like a lock.

I would like to enter this for 'A Gem of a Challenge'.
Don't forget about this wonderful challenge from Pink Gem Designs.
It's a monthly challenge and is posted on the 8th,
so you still have plenty of time to join in.
This month the challenge is hosted by Debby,
who would like to see 'ribbons and buttons' on your project'.

The stamp I used is Pink Gem 'Little Gem's Birthday' - cutting out the dog and robin.
I know the girls will like this little doggie - he is just like our Westie.
DP - My Mind's Eye - Pretty Please.
Letter Stamps - My Sentiments Exactly 'Adrienne's'
Blooms, buttons and ribbon from my stash.

xxx

9 comments:

Tammi said...

Well I love it, super cute idea! Great idea with the brad/door lock too! ~hugs

Berry said...

I love the bunting! This is such a cute idea! thanks for joining us at a gem of a chellenge this wk Hugs Rebekah GDT

Jill said...

aww this is fantastic and so beautifully made hugs Jill xx

Mandy said...

Such a great card...love the shape and the bunting and lock are fab,great job with little Gem as well....Thank you for joining in with us at A Gem of a Challenge...
Mandy xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous, love the idea of using little gem.
luv
Debby

Janet said...

Aww this is sooo cute.....love what you have done with little Gem!xx

Emma said...

Oh Caroline I think its a fabulous card. Love the shape and gorgeous details...sure your daughters will love it!!
Hugs Emma x

Jennifer said...

Gorgeous clever card! Good luck with A Gem Of A Challenge...thanks for joining us! xx Jenny xx http://myinkyhands-jennifer.blogspot.com/

Sharon said...

Oh wow, this is fabulous!! This is so creative, I love it. Thanks for joining us at A Gem of a Challenge.