Tuesday 29 March 2011

Mother's Day Blooms

It's Mother's Day on Sunday, so everywhere I look the shops are filled with bouquets of flowers and pretty gifts - all at hugely inflated prices, of course!
It will be my eldest daughter, Maria's, 22nd birthday the following week, so we are planning a big family meal for the this weekend. Lots of good food and plenty of bubbly - can't wait.

Here's the card I made for my Mum.


 This stamp isn't my usual style. I bought it in a sale months ago and was really disappointed with it, so  it ended up at the back of the drawer. The picture on the wood shows all this lovely detail in the middle of the bouquet, that just isn't there when you stamp it.  I gave it another go though - and I'm pleased with the result.  It's coloured with Copics, some stickles glitter and glossy accents, here and there, on the watering can.

Challenges - 
Stampin' for the Weekend - For Mum/Mother's Day
Allsorts - For a Special Lady
Craft Your Days Away - For Mum or A Special Lady
Cupcake Craft - Flowers for Mum
Top Tip Tuesday - Nature Inspired ( check out Paula's 'polished stone' tutorial )








Stamp - Papermania, Henbury Lane Watering Can.
DP - Prima, Moulin Rouge            Crystal brad from Papermania, Hampstead 'sweeties' set.
Stick on letters      Platinum Liquid Pearls.     Blooms, ribbon and heart charm from my stash.
Leaves - Martha Stewart Leaf Border Punch.     Lace border, Marth Stewart Punch

12 comments:

Julie said...

A beautiful card Caroline, I should think your mum will love it.

CraftyC said...

What a beautiful card Caroline and I love this stamp, a touch of vintage and goregous colours!
Clairexx

Elaine Stark said...

A beautiful card. A lovely image and nicely coloured. Thanks for joining Top Tip Tuesday. Elaine

The Crafty Den said...

Hi Caroline, what a gorgeous card. I love the image and papers you've used. Definitely a card any mum would be delighted to receive. Thanks for joining in with my challenge over at cupcake craft challenge this week. Hugs, Denise x

Anonymous said...

Absolutely breathtaking!! xx

Chrysalis said...

Wow! What a classy, BEAUTIFUL card! Wish I was on the receiving end of one like this xx

Mandy said...

This is such a beautiful card,I love the image and your colouring is wonderful,a card that any Mum will love...And wow I just love that yummy cake in the post below...
Mandy x

Debs said...

Oh this is stunning - I love the colouring if the image and the embellishments are divine.
Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
Good luck
Debs xx

Juls said...

so gorgeous and LUSH!!!! hugs Juls

Maggie's Crafts said...

Stunning!

Thank you for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday

Come back next week for another great tutorial!

Maggie
x

Shelly said...

Great project and gorgeous flowers! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake this week! Shelly x

PCM said...

I LOVE your card. OMG - those flowers in the can and the way you have colored them is gorgeous. Your flower spray just adds a wonderful dimension. Thanks for participating in my challenge at Top Tip Tuesday this week.