Tuesday 24 May 2011

Mister Blue Sky

I thought I would try something different today. I am hopeless at the distressed/shabby chic look - I think it's the Virgo in me wanting everything to be neat and tidy  :-)  but, I am pleased with the way this turned out.


This gorgeous bird image is from the The Graphics Fairy. I just removed some text and added a sprinkling of glitter here and there.
I stuck a piece of DS tape to my card, and ruffled the ribbon up as I went along it - I wasn't sure the tape would hold it though, so I stitched down the middle for good measure.

Challenges - 
Craft Emma's - Embelish It (use at least 3 different embellies). I used blooms, pearls and ribbon.
A Spoon Full Of Sugar - Things with Wings
Ladybug Crafts - Animals.   Birds are animals, aren't they???



Supplies.
DP - Webster's Pages, Petite Papers
New Home stamp from Papermania Scrolls and Sentiments.
Blooms, ribbon, pearls from my stash.

14 comments:

Lee said...

This is my 3rd attempt at leaving a comment lol.This is soooo Stunning i love it.Hope all ok with you hun.xx

Cecelia said...

This card is so pretty! I love the glitter and the image is beautiful.

Hugs xx
Cecelia B

Vicky said...

This is fabulous hun...sweet image and I love all your stitching too..

I am just like you...find it very hard to do distresssing/shabby chic...that's the virgo in me too lol!

have a lovely evening...hugs Vicky xx

Wishcraft said...

Oh this is different - and very gorgeous :o) Love your glittery touches and all your fab details. Lisa x

pinky said...

Wow fantastic card. Thanks for joining us at LCI for my animal challenge.
Pinky

Diane said...

Very pretty..I think you aced it!!

~Tammy~ said...

I love the stitching on the ribbon and all the little design details! This is such a sweet way to welcome someone! L O V E

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Great card, love the graphics!

Thank you for sharing with us at CES Challenge this week, good luck!
hugs shell xx

Pauline said...

Stunning card, the image is gorgeous - hurrah for the Graphics Fairy! Love all the extra sparkle too.

Lisa Jane said...

wonderful vintage card
Thanks for joining us at LCI this week
Lisax

Anita said...

Gorgeous card. Thank you for playing in the LCI Challenge this week.

Juls said...

just stunning! Love the gorgeous vintage look you have created, and the touches of glitter are fabulous!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

I'm like you as I need everything neat, tidy and straight too! This is a very neat distressed card though and just gorgeous!! xx

Sheena said...

A beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at CES this week, Sheena xx