Tuesday 2 April 2013

Born To Shop - Forced To Work

It's Tuesday -  back to work day!!   Hope you all had a lovely Easter break.
My eldest dd, Maria, came home for the weekend and we had fun.
This year we decided to have the Easter Bunny for dinner - literally!!!
We defrosted the little guy and set about jointing him, only to discover - 
to lots of screams and shrieks and giggles - that he had all his insides intact!!! Eeeewww.
I can honestly say - despite the fact that he was delicious - we won't be doing that again!!

Here's the card I made for Maria's birthday - she will be 24 on Friday.
 

I had 2 definite ideas for this card. I knew I wanted to use this Stamping Bella girl and my blue stripe ribbon.
I went through my whole stack of papers trying to find a match to the blue, but couldn't find a thing. 
As a last resort I checked my comp and found this pretty, echo park digi paper. Perfect - especially considering that hexagons are so popular right now.



Challenges.
Totally Gorjuss - Something Blue
Papertake Weekly - Anyting Goes (Kraft is the Optional Extra)
Digi Tuesday - New Crafting Trends. Chevrons are out and Hexagons are IN   :-)
Pretty Little Ribbon - Spring Is In the Air
Sweet Stampin' - Girly
Crafty Ribbons
- Anything Goes with Ribbon


  •  6 x 6 On the Edge Card Base
  • Stamping Bella, Uptown Girl, Posh has a present
  • coloured with Copics and Glamour Dust
  • Echo Park, Country Drive Digi Paper 
  • Martha Stewart Lace Doily Punch 
  • Spellbinders Pennant Die
  • Sentiment made on my comp.  
 

21 comments:

Inkypinkydelights said...

This is great! Love the bow. Thanks for sharing at Sweet Stamping and good luck with the challenge. Judy DT

Danni said...

Awesome card! Such a great color combo and layout!

Doreen said...

Beautiful,love the design and colours.xxx

Vicky said...

Simply gorgeous hun...really love the colours you have used....:o)

biggest of hugs Vicky xx

Anonymous said...

STUNNING!!! Absolutely LOVE everything about this card!

OMW, I couldn't have eaten the rabbit after that! I have a 'problem' with meat anyway; if I stop to think about what it was before, I can't eat it!
xx

Sue said...

WOW!! Gorgeous card Caroline. I love the image, wonderful colouring and your bow looks amazing!!
Sue xx

Wendy said...

Absolutely gorgeous Caroline, fabulous image.
Wendy xx

Joey said...

Caroline this is gorgeous, fab image and love your colour choice, as for the dinner ugh lol. Joey x

Eve said...

What a beautiful card Caroline - LOVE it! xx

I remember my nan skinning rabbits YUK!

Lisa said...

Absolutely stunning! Love the little extra touch of glitter on the girl! Thanks for joining the challenge at Papertake Weekly :)

La Vikinga said...

Hi Caroline; I agree with a previous comment that your bow really is a perfect one! I wish I could do them like that...

Thanks for joining in with this card in our challenge over at Crafty Ribbons! Welcome back,

La Vikinga / Charlotta
Member of the Design Team

Chris said...

Girly and gorgeous! Love the image, colours and that fab bow! Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
Chris
x

Debs said...

Simply stunning - gorgeous image and amazing bow detail.
Debs xx

catherine said...

Fantastic card Caroline and sure she will love it too. glad you had a good easter
x catherine

Oak Pond SC said...

Beautiful card and lovely pastel colors. Love that ribbon! Hugs and happy crafting! -Kim

Unknown said...

This is a fabulous card! Thanks for sharing at DTC! I'm giving away a $25 Etsy Gift Certificate.

Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie, WOW this is just gorgeous!! Hugs Pops x

Sarah said...

This is such a sweet card!

Thanks for joining the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Tracey T said...

A fabulously feminine card with a gorgeous colour combo! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous card. Fabulous bow too. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Ribbons this time.
hugs
Dawn xxxx

Juls said...

Gorgeous!!! & that bow is just amazing!! Hugs Juls xxx