Sunday 7 May 2017

RAMBLIN' ROSE

Hello.
Is anyone else struggling to find time to craft?
With the weather being so nice here, I have been spending more time in the garden -
drinking tea and reading books in the sun, whilst trying to ignore the weeds ;-)

Anita's beautiful Muse card has been in my head though,
and I finally came up with this card yesterday.


I don't have any stencils, so for my image, I used rose and leaf stamps,
stamped with versamark and heat embossed in white.
Then I used my distress inks over the top for the background, added a sentiment and a few scattered sequins.

It seems so simple, I don't know why it took me a week to come up with it ;-)

Muse Card by Anita Bowden


Supplies.
Altenew - Vintage Roses
Mama Elephant - Labeled Messages
MFT - Stitched Scalloped Rectangle
Distress Inks - Dusty Concord / Salty Ocean / Peacock Feathers

5 comments:

Ardyth said...

Wow this is so pretty! The repetition of that little rose is just lovely! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week, Caroline!

Marilyn said...

Great interpretation of Anita's Muse card. The colors you've used are beautifully rich.

Neets B said...

Although the garden is a lovely place to be I'm so glad my card inspired you to find some crafty time. And I love the negative pattern with your embossed roses and vibrant colour.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

Unknown said...

gosh - beautiful card - but isn't it always the way, you spend ages coming up with what seems to be, in retrospect, a simple idea ... like all creative work you don't get credit for the thinking time :-)

Quillish said...

Lovely it is!