Monday 20 June 2022

Colour all the Flowers

Hello.
It's hard to find time to craft right now, so today I wanted a reasonably quick make, but I also fancied a bit of colouring. This cover plate die was perfect.

I die-cut the cover plate, popped out all the leaf pieces, and attached it to my card blank. Then I coloured the leaves in, and inserted them back into their spaces. I die-cut a second cover plate, coloured the blooms and popped them up with foam tape. Then I added a little bling, some white pen, and a birthday sentiment.     (Check out my Instagram reel for a quick video).


I used my ecoline brush pens for this, because they give a wonderful, vibrant colour. I can't wait to try this with the reds!
Challenge




pinkfresh studio - ornate floral die
concord & 9th - make a wish
ecoline brush pens - green / forest green / sky blue light / ultra marine light

7 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

So bright and beautiful, Caroline! Sure to make any birthday even better!
=]

Nancy said...

Oh, I wish I was the hostess for this color combo! Awesome, Awesome card, Caroline! The recipient is going to love it! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues and making the colors look so good!

Karen said...

Vibrant is the right word, and I just love this card! Your shading is perfect, and the gems for the centers add just a bit of classy glitz! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Lee said...

You are so blimin clever.Loving this one so creative.xx

Julie B said...

Love these bright and vibrant blooms, the white hi-lights really add impact.
So happy to see you in the Color Hues gallery.

Tracey McNeely said...

Caroline these colours work so well together and love the unique was you used the cover plate popping out all the pieces before setting on your card. Thank you so much for sharing with us the Color Hues!

Hannelie said...

I just LOVE everything about this Caroline!
Thank you so much for playing at Color Hues!