Monday 9 August 2010

Back to School


I used to love the summer hols when my girls were younger -
having them at home
and making up lots of fun things to do.
I know it's not everyone's idea of bliss though -
so hang on in there if you are starting to feel frazzled -
only another 4 weeks to go... lol**



The thing I like about challenges, is that they make you try something different
and push you out of your comfort zone.
This card certainly did that, I'm not really sure about using the bright colours,
but that was the challenge over at Allsorts
'Red, Blue & Yellow'
I also used the great sketch by Emma at
Sketch Saturday
and followed Stampin' for the Weekend's
'Back to School' challenge.


I used this cute Digital Delights stamp of the school bus.
I wanted to make the characters look like they were sat in the bus,
so I cut out an extra bus layer and used foam pads to 3D it.

Stamp - Digital Delights School Bus & Sentiment, coloured with Copics.
Design Paper - Papermania Basics - Vibrant.
Buttons from my stash.
-------------------------------------------------

5 comments:

Monika Reeck said...

Oh I love your BUS Images sooo lovely and great coloring too..cute card and great for a new school children...I am joining the Allsorts challenge too my card is number 30,would you mind to see my blog?Many thanks before, hugs, Monika

Emma (metalicbutterfly) said...

Great card love the theme!

Thanks for playing at Allsorts

Emma xxx

Mummylade said...

what a fantastic card! Thank you so much for entering it in the Allsorts challenge this week.

Di said...

This is fabulous love your decoupageing! and the colours are really colourful!
Thanks for joining SFTW this week!
Hugs Di x

Heidi-Mari said...

WOW
This is a stunning back to school card!
I love the stamp, its gorgeous!
Thank you for joining our challenge at Stampin for the weekend!
Heidi-Mari