Sunday 12 September 2010

Carrot cake counts as eating vegetables, right?

I am going to make it one of my 5 a day!!!     :-)
Hubby has been bugging me to make carrot cake for ages, so I finally gave in.
This was VERY easy to make, just throw all the ingredients into a bowl and mix them up.


I also whipped up a batch of cupcakes and decorated them with chocolate butter cream and mini Oreos.
Not very pretty.... but yummy none the less!


Here's the recipe for the Carrot Cake. It's from  'Mary Berry's Baking Bible'.
If you give it a try, let me know how you get on.
Tip: I nearly took the cake out after 45 mins, because it looked ready on top, but I covered it with foil
and gave it another 5 mins, and I'm glad I did.

------------------------------------------------------

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

Carrot cake, courgette cake, bannana cake, sultana scones, lemon drizzle cake all count as a portion of fruit and veg and therefore are virtually calorie free. Licking the mixing spoon and bowl and eating crumbs are also calorie free!

Kaz said...

PMSL....I like the way you guys are thinking!
That carror cake look totally DELISH!!!
Kaz xx

Faye said...

Carrot cake is defo a vegetable. Also, as you have sliced into it, all the calories have fallen out. Enjoy in peace! xxx

Lee said...

Hi hun,caught me having a nosy on yer sweet treats lol.I have got Mary Berry's Baking Bible too,and The Great British Bake Off book.Will definately be making this cake,will try to remember to blog it lol.Hugs xx