Saturday 25 September 2010

O Christmas Tree

Morning everyone... hope you are all enjoying the weekend.
We have a bit of blue sky here in Yorkshire, but it's pretty cold and windy out there.
A good day for staying inside and cooking and crafting.
Hopefully I will have some treats to show you later :-)
Here's a card I made yesterday - I tried something a little different.



I layered my card and design paper up and stitched it in place. I cut some trees with my Slice machine and added them with foam tape. The paper is glittery already, but I sprinkled on a little extra and stuck on some adhesive pearls. I stamped the Merry Christmas text.
It needed something adding in the corner, but I just didn't know what! I ended up cutting a small tag and adding the bow, snowflake and button. I'm not really sure it works - especially the colour! What do you think?

Challenges - 
ABC Christmas - T is for Tree, with an optional extra of 'buttons'.


Here's a close up -   it's hard to see, but there is a lot of sparkle and glitter on this card.


Slice machine - trees and snowflake were cut with design card 'Fa La La'.
Snowflake was covered with diamond dust, trees with stickles and adhesive pearls.
Martha Stewart 'Arch Lattice' border punch.
Design Paper - My Mind's Eye, Signature Christmas.
Merry Christmas stamp is Catslife Press.
--------------------------------------------------

8 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Caroline :-) I love these paper pieced trees ,,, lovely !! the tag is perfect too :-)

thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge :-)
Luv
Lols x x x

CraftyC said...

Its a beautiful card Caroline, I love the trees. Not used my slice for ages!
Clairex

Emma said...

So stunning....beautiful colours.
Hugs Emma x

Eileen said...

Gorgeous card and such lovely deep colours. Eileen xx

Lindsey said...

LOVE this card! Totally LOVE THIS CARD!
Linds x

Anonymous said...

What a lovely card so simple and stylish! love the colours and papers!! your card is just perfect for our ABC challenge T for Tree thanks for joining in the fun! Samantha :0)

and Hi from Penrith Cumbria x x

Squirrel x said...

Awh, what a super card hunny! Thanks for playing along at ABC Christmas Challenge. Hugs, Sxx

Annie said...

a fabulous festive card and I love those trees! thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas blog.
hugs, annie x