Monday 11 March 2013

Girls just wanna have fun!

I can't sit still this morning..
Suzie, is at the vets having some tests done and I jump every time the phone goes!
I'm trying to take my mind off it by planning tomorrows activities.
It's my BFF's birthday and she is coming up to stay. So excited :-)
Here's the card I made for her - that's the two of us right there - 
I am the mouthy red head and she is the pretty blonde. :-)
 

Isn't this Stamping Bella image fabulous. 
I love it when you find a stamp that loooks exactly like you  -  ha ha!! I wish!!
The girls are coloured with Copics and a generous sprinkling of glamour dust.
I know the colours look a bit washed out on the picture below, but I wanted to try and capture the sparkle.



Challenges.
The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop - Happy Birthday
By The Cute & Girly - Favourite Things. There are so many of my favourite things on this card - the stamp, gems, that gorgeous brocade paper and of course, the glitter.
Bunny Zoe's Crafts - Girly
Stamptacular Sunday - To Die For.  I think I use my banner dies more than any others. They are great to stamp a sentiment on, but I also like to group them together. They make a perfect embellie.
Sentimental Sundays - Embellies that start with 'B' I went for 3 banners. It's hard to make out on the photo, but two of them are cut from metallic paper, that gives a pretty sheen.

  • Stampin Bellas, Victoria and Juliette's Night Out.
  • Copics, Glamour Dust
  • Pink Petticoat Digi Paper, Brocade.
  • Spellbinders Nested Pennants Die
  • Crystal Gems and Ribbon
  • 'Party' Sentiment was a magazine freebie.

22 comments:

Doreen said...

Love this image and fab colours.xxx

Sue said...

Such a fabulous image, perfect for you to give to your friend and I am sure she will love it. The colours and details are gorgeous.
Sue xx

Donna said...

Beautiful card Caroline, your friend will love this card and I hope you have a fab time together :) Donna ♥ x

Roma said...

Gorgeous card ,hope you have fab time with your BFF ,love this image ,colouring & glamour dust x

Debs said...

What a stunner! Love that image - one of my 'current' favs :o)
Debs xx

Anonymous said...

Perfect and just stunning as usual! Hope Suzie is okay.
xx

Eve said...

WOW Caroline what a beautiful card.
I wish that my legs were that slim!

Hope Suzie comes home soon and you have a fab time tomorrow.xx

brenda said...

Such a very pretty birthday card Caroline and just perfect for our theme this month.

Thanks so much for sharing your lovely work with us at Pretty Little Ribbons Challenge.

B x

I have a celebration with lots of prizes and it would be wonderful if you have time to create something to join in, you can check it out here

debby4000 said...

oh what a sweet card, absolutely love it.
luv
Debby

Stressed Stamper said...

Fab card - so you look like the image - or is it just because she has a drink in her hand!?...ha!...fab glittering and colouring
Sarah x

catherine said...

This is such a great card Caroline. Hope you have a great time with your friend and hope Suzi is ok
x catherine

Pam said...

I adore this card. So much pretty going on for a design of simple elegance. Love the sparklies, especially on the dresses. So clever.

Thank you so very much for playing with us in this week’s Challenge at Stamptacular Sunday! So very happy that you could play along.
:) Pam

Aileen said...

Love you guys dresses!! Pretty card. Have fun. x

Sasha said...

I love your pretty image, Caroline. Such lovely colours, too. The touch of glitter finishes things off so perfectly.

Thank you for joining in with our challenge at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop x

Archana Joshi said...

Beautiful card and super cute image. I love how you glitter their dresses on one side. Love it.
Thanks for sharing at Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.
Hugs,
Archana

Geraldine said...

Thank you for entering By the Cute and Girly's "Favourite Things" challenge. Your card is super girly and very pretty.
Geraldine

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous stamp! Love that sassy pair!! Great card layout and papers. Frankly, delish!! Hugs, Wends x

Crafteezee said...

Great image. Thanks for joining us at BunnyZoe.
Hugs Tracy x

Tameko said...

Fabulous card design! Thanks for joining us at Sentimental Sundays!

Di said...

Hi Caroline

Just found your lovely blog - you do make some really gorgeous cards, plus you live in Co. Durham. I'm down in Hampshire after many years in Northumberland and still miss stottie cakes and pease pudding!!

Just gonna follow you - bye for now! Di xx

Embellishments said...

Oh I LOVE this card and image... FUN! I like how you added the sparkles on the dress, great idea!
~Steff~

Brigitte said...

Love, love, love your card!!!! So much sparkle, what more can a girl want, lol!!!! Beautiful image and I love how you put the glitter on one side of their dresses. Thanks for joining us this month at BTC&G and we hope to see you again next challenge. Hugs, Brigitte