Wednesday 12 June 2013

A father carries pictures where his money used to be!

Morning everyone - hope you're having a good week.
The weather here has turned a bit blustery, but it's weirdly warm!

We have been excited for the last few weeks, watching our resident blackbird hatch 5 little chicks.
Looking through the binocs this morning, the nest is completely empty :-(    So gutted!
Hopefully she will build a nest somewhere else and try again.

On a lighter note   :-)    it's Father's Day this weekend.
Do you have any plans?
Here's the card I made for my Dad.


Negative die cuts seem to be popular right now, so I gave it a try. 
I used a circle nestie die to cut into my DP and placed my sentiment behind it. 
I really like the way it turned out. 
It makes me want to experiment with my other dies.

The cute image is a freebie from Birdie Brown.
He is coloured with Copics, and a touch of Glossy Accents on his glasses. 
Then cut out and attached with foam pads.



Challenges.
Top Tip Tuesday - Masculine
Papertake Weekly - Hello Boys!
The Pink Elephant - Father's Day Theme

Lexi's Creations - Father's Day or Special Male Birthday
Make it Monday - Any Papercraft

  • Birdie Brown Digi, DIY Dad
  • Copics and Glossy Accents
  • Digi Papers - Granny Enchanted Teal Lime Kit
  • Circle Nestie Die
  • Sentiment made on my comp.

24 comments:

Wendy said...

Absolutely fabulous Caroline, love the design and gorgeous colours.
Wendy xx

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the image and great design.xxx

Christine L said...

What a fabulous Father's Day card... love the aqua colouring... and that fab image of course!

Hugs
Christine x

Pop's Cards said...

Hi sweetie...

This is just gorgeous...

Loving the colours...

Huggles Pops x x x

Joey said...

Fantastic card Hunny, loving the bold colours, popped over from mim. Joey xx

Sue said...

Fabulous card Caroline. I love the image and wonderful colouring.
Sue xx

Debs said...

Fabulous card Caroline - love the colours and super image.
Debs xx

chrissy xx said...

Super cute image! FABulous colours and design..LOve it.
Chrissyxx

Darnell said...

Oh, my word, Caroline, I LOL at your post title today! I have never heard that one before and totally love it!! So true!

Your card is positively adorable! I love the cutout from the DP to showcase your sediment. Your coloring is divine!!

I'm so sorry about the nest. As you may know, that happened to me last month and devastated me. It's a wonder there are any of the wee birds that make it. But, thankfully and obviously, they do. One day we will get to see it!!

xxoo Darnell

catherine said...

This looks fabulous Caroline. A great image and love the dotty background. The weather is the same here - dull but still warm!!
x catherine

KraftyKoolKat said...

What a lovely cute image, love the colours and layout. I spotted you over on MIM and came for a closer look and I am so glad that I did.

Hugs
Cathy
xxxxxx

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Looks fab! Love the sentiment in the circle, great effect. Hugs, Wends x

Gretchen said...

Great colour combination. I think you put it together wonderfully. We don't celebrate Father's Day until september in Australia but I am loving all the inspiration floating around at the moment.

G Peplow said...

Wonderful card, I love the aqua colour and bold image, he has a great expression too LOL Sad about your blackbirds though :( Better luck next time eh? Gay x

Basslady said...

a gorgeous card!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi (GD this week on lexi's creations challenge)

rosie said...

fab card Caroline. love the colours x

Unknown said...

I love that you used an image from out current sponsor, Birdie Brown. :) It's colored beautifully and this is a terrific Father's Day card. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday!

karen said...

Brilliant card Caroline, thanks for sharing with us at PTW, hugs, karenx

Cindy said...

What a great fathers day card, I love it!

Thank you so much for sharing with us at Make it Monday!

Sheri Gilson said...

Great Father's Day card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Pink Elephant this week!

Jo said...

Fab card & a gorgeous colour combo! Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time & good luck!
Jo x

~*Joni said...

What a fun card! You did an amazing job with the reverse die, that sentiment really pops. What a fun image too, his glasses are adorable. Thank you so much for joining in on our Father's Day challenge over at The Pink Elephant!
~*Joni TPE DT

Lisa Minckler said...

Man o' man..that's fantastic coloring and your post title is one of my favorite masculine quotes. ;) Wonderful job on this card!!

Thank you so much for playing along with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
Lisa xx

Juls said...

cute!! hugs Juls