Sunday 1 September 2013

Goodbye Summer (and inky help needed)

Is it over?
Can I get out my woolly jumpers, my winter coat and my fleece pj's?  
I am excited.      I LOVE winter clothes :-)

It has been a lovely summer, and my crafting has taken a back seat as we've explored our new surroundings. 
Now I am ready to get back into it -  BUT, I need a little help.

First off... it was time for a change.
Do you like my new look blog?
I chose a colour scheme from Design Seeds and made a very simple header and a few buttons.


Now, for your help.
Part of the reason my craft room door has remained closed is the trouble I have had stamping.
I was excited to get some new stamps from Clearly Besotted and I bought a range of Memento Dew Drop inks to use with them.
Some stamps work beautifully, but others are just awful.
The ink bobbles up and looks a real mess when stamped.
Can you help?
I have tried cleaning the stamps, 'priming' them with versafine or stazon ink, changing the card I stamp on... but nothing helps.
I really can't afford to buy more inks. 
It's so frustrating. Has anyone else had this problem? 

For now, I have put them to one side, before I am tempted to throw the whole lot out the window!!   :-)

6 comments:

Wishcraft said...

Try rubbing an eraser over the whole stamp before you ink it up... that seems to help with some tricky clear stamps, and I use the memento dew drops too. Some people recommend rubbing sandpaper lightly over the stamp too, but I've never been brave enough to try that! Love the colours you've used for your blog :o) Hugs, Lisa x

Julie said...

The new blog colour scheme goes perfectly with the blog name, KISS. As to the stamps I second trying the eraser as suggested above.

catherine said...

Great new blog look Caroline and great colours. I don't really know the answer to your ink problem. Don't use the stamps you have mentioned. I'm sure someone will be able to help you though.
x catherine

Lee said...

Hi hun,LOVE the new blog really pretty.Can't help with your stamping problem sorry.Will be in touch sooooon.Thinking of you all.Big Huggles and Cuddles for Suzie xxxx

Sue said...

Love your new blog design, gorgeous colours.
Sorry cannot help you with the inks and stamping although I have heard that Lisa's tip works well.
Sue xx

Jen Nelson said...

i love your new blog design hun!!! fabulous colours!

I have mixed reactions with memento drop ink pads.. the old ones tend to be better that the new but lisa's trick works ... although i used a sticky stuff eraser

i recently got a few of the shadow inks from hero arts and these are a lot better but still depends on the stamp.. drives me crazy!!

Jen xx