Monday 24 February 2014

You had me at cupcakes!


Hey there,
today I am sharing a 'modern retro' card with you.



The 'modern' bit, is the card layout -I  keep seeing variations of this on my blog travels - and it's a really versatile style.
Then, the 'retro' bit is the cupcake.
Can you remember a few years ago, when cupcakes were EVERYWHERE?
Don't tell me you don't have at least one cupcake stamp lurking at the bottom of your stash.
Dig it out, and give it a modern twist.

I stuck with bold colours and no shading to continue my 'retro' theme,
but I couldn't help adding some sparkle  :-)


Challenges.
Retro Sketches - # 103
Make It Monday - Anything Goes
Penny Black & More - Make It Sparkle

Supplies.
Cupcake Satmp from Simon Says, Savor Sweet Cupcakes, coloured with a Copic and
sprinkled with Diamong Dust.
Sentiment - Pink Petticoat.
Sizzix Tags #2 Die     Button/Gem/Sequins/Twine

15 comments:

Leigh Penner said...

This looks amazing! I love it!

Debs said...

Super stylish card Caroline - and yes I certainly do have a cupcake stamp or two lurking around somewhere lol!!!
Hope you've had a lovely weekend.
Debs xx

Aileen said...

Caroline, I love this card. If this is retro I'm in. But alas I dont have one, not one cupcake stamp. They never appealed but now......

Sue said...

This is wonderful Caroline. I love your 'retro' cupcake! The colours and design are fabulous.
Sue xx

Holly Young said...

Very cute card! I love the color combination and using the button for the cupcake cherry is a really cute touch.

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, wow this is just gorgeous, as always hugs Pops x x x

Ellibelle said...

Fabulous card design, and love the colors! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More!

brenda said...

Love the retro feel Caroline and the sprinkling of glitter.

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Penny Black and More challenge.

I would love it if you joined in my Spellbinder blog celebration here, it runs until 5th March.

B x

loz said...

Gorgeous card. I saw this on MIM..Loz

Monika Reeck said...

Dear Caroline...I love all the red on your card and the shape of the white top of the red one..really stylish and yummy cup cake..love this much...

I see your creation on Make It Monday (MIM), my card is #52, if you would like to see it on my blog and if you would like to leave me some love I would be glad...hugs, Monika

cass said...

Your card really POPPED off the screen at MIM, had to come and take a closer look, love it

Nonni said...

What a fun card! The layout is very funky and I love the color scheme.

Deepti said...

looking at ur blog, I realized I have been missing a lot lately. I am ur new follower :) who would want to miss such awesomeness :)

cm said...

LOVE this! I do have a cupcake die..may have to give it some play-time! Thanks for the inspiration!
c

suzARTe said...

this is just such a cool card. The main image really stands out, love it.

I had to come and a take a closer look from MIM