Wednesday 17 September 2014

Keep Off The Grass

Hey there,
I made this cute, little hedgie card for this week's CASology Challenge
where the cue word is 
GRASS

 Usually, I cut my 'grass' pieces into random shapes, with scissors, but I wanted a cleaner look for this CAS card, so I die cut my papers with an oval nestie. Then I attached them to the card panel and trimmed off the edges. It's much neater that way and gives you that little embossed edge along the top.

The hedgie is coloured with Copics and fussy cut and the sentiment is a little snippet of cream card,
stamped with the sentiment and glittered along the edges.
 

Supplies.
Stamps - Penny Black 'Critter Party'  Personal Impressions 'Mixed Sentiments'
DP - First Edition 'Bird Song'     Memory Box Cloud Dies
Memento Ink 'Bamboo Leaves    Glamour Dust     Copics

10 comments:

Eve said...

Hi Caroline,
I love your cute hedgie card - Penny Black are my favourite stamps.

What a fabulous idea using an oval die for your grass as I know there are special dies on sale which do the same job - might have to pinch that idea ;)
xx

Dotty Jo said...

Great card, love the shaped fields, Jo x

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, adorable image and I LOVE your grass design.
Sue xx

debby4000 said...

Oh your card is so adorable
luv
Debby

Juls said...

Adorable :-) xx

Deepti said...

Soooo adorable :)

wienerhoneymooners said...

Super cute, I LOVE the hedgehog, glitter and your super clean card!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!

*Vicki* said...

This is just too CUTE!! Love that sweet hedgehog and the decorative paper hills!! :) HUGS

Jen W. said...

I love your sweet little scene, Caroline! That hedge is adorable and plaid is the perfect pattern for grass! :D Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Melissa said...

Those Penny Black hedgehogs are some of my favorites!!! This is an adorably sweet card, Caroline! :) I'm having an aha moment seeing how you created the grass with oval nesties...LOL!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)