Saturday, 14 February 2015

Flowers are scary


*** Happy Valentine's Day ***

Hope you're all having a good weekend.
Woohoo - no diet for me today :-)
I have Prosecco and chocolates at the ready, and I'm cooking hubby's
favourite meal tonight...   a roast chicken dinner with all the trimmings. 
Yum.

Here's my card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch challenge - 
not a penguin in sight ;-)


 If you're a regular visitor here, you'll know that I am florally challenged.
So this was kind of a scary card for me.
I created a little flower display by randomly stamping my blooms and foliage.

I'm not sure what you call this technique with the word die - any ideas?
I cut the die from my stamped panel, and kept it to one side.
Then I die cut another two 'thanks' from white card and layered them all up - 
putting the original one (with the stamping on it) on top.
Then I placed it back into the space on my panel.
IRL - it has a much more 3d look than the picture shows.


Supplies.
Stamps & Dies - Lawn Fawn, Penelope's Blossoms / Thanks Die
Memento Inks - New Sprout / Pistachio / Angel Pink
VersaColor Inks - Boysenberry / Magenta.




8 comments:

Sue said...

This is gorgeous Caroline, a really effective design and I love the way you have arranged the pretty flowers.
I hope you are having a good weekend.
Sue xx

Debs said...

Gorgeous card Caroline - fabulous design - no need to be scared of florals - this is brilliant.
Enjoy your chicken dinner - and wine and chocolates - we have fillet steak and wine and chocolates :o)
Debs xx

Deepti said...

So pretty! Love the overlapping sentiment :)

Unknown said...

Fabulously done my dear! I love how elegant it is!

Juls said...

So pretty xx

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is so gorgeous!! Love the die cut with the stamping over it!!

Leigh Penner said...

Beautiful card! I love the camouflaged diecut word! Fabulous take on the sketch!

Stamping Smiles Designs said...

Gorgeous! I love how you "camouflaged" the word. So clever!