Saturday 16 April 2016

Raindrops on Roses...

... and whiskers on kittens.
Are you singing along?

Today I'm sharing my card with you, as Guest Designer for
Huge thanks to the DT girls over there, for the opportunity.

Can you tell from my card what the theme is?




I have taken a subtle approach to the theme - 
due to the fact I don't have any rainy day type stamps -
 and used clear, dew drops as my 'rain'.

I'm also chuffed that I stretched out my inks on this card,
and used only 2 purples and 2 greens.
I'm not sure what the technique is called, but if you ink up your rose
and then stamp it, ink it again and stamp onto scrap paper,
then stamp your rose layer, you get 2 shades from your ink.
Does that make sense to you?  :-)



I hope you'll play along with the challenge this week.



Altenew Vintage Roses.   Memento, Ink, New Sprout and Bamboo Leaves.
Versacolor, Ink, Heliotrope and Boysenberry.  MFT Stitched Rectangle Die.
Sentiment - Clearly Besotted, Time to Relax.

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Oh what a beautiful card.
luv
Debby

Donna said...

Incredibly pretty card Caroline, love the dwdrop accents, they're gorgeous :) Donna ♥ x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

It's great to have you guest design with us this week Caroline and WOW what a stunning card. Love your take on rain and your crisp, clean and fresh stamping of this altenew set simply rocks. Love it. Sarah

Doni High said...

Caroline, thanks for being our guest designer....and -yes, I am now singing raindrops on roses! :) Your card is beautiful and the dew drops are the perfect touch.

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous! I love it!

Barb Ghig said...

Yes, I'm singing along...and probably will be for the rest of the day :)

I really LOVE this card, Caroline! Your roses are so pretty, and I love how you stretched your inks! I also love the dew drops! Such a clever take on the Code Word, and stunning design!

Thank you again for being our Guest Designer for this challenge! It was fun getting to know a little about you...and Congrats again on your well deserved win!!!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Love those glass beads on the rose, what a perfect finish. Looks like dew, so clever. Gorgeous CAS design. Hugs, Wends x

Marlou McAlees said...

stunning card Caroline :) ♥

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

This is so beautiful, Caroline! Love your interpretation of rain, such a sweet idea. Thank you for being our GD for this challenge!

Jinny Newlin said...

This is ever so soft and dreamy and absolutely beautiful! And your dew drops are the perfect finishing touches! LOVE!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Caroline, your roses are perfect.

Anonymous said...

This is stunning Caroline! Love it x

Pop's Cards said...

so pretty sweetie hugs Pops x

Bhavana said...

The dew drops add perfect elegance to the card. Beautiful card. Thanks for being our GD at ATCAS!!

Deepti said...

The dew drops is such a genius design idea for this theme, ur card is gorgeous, so happy to have you as our guest at ATCAS