Saturday 7 January 2017

YOU ARE AWESOME

Happy New Year.
I'm going to start the year with some shameless bragging :-)
My eldest daughter Maria is a superstar.
She completed her Masters degree last year and has just been awarded a research fellowship.
Her field is cardiology.
She gets her brains from me... obvs :-)


I like really clean cut lines and definition on cards, so I never thought I would get into inky backgrounds, but after trying a few out on my Christmas cards, I'm hooked. Here, I blended a simple inky background and added water drops.
The sentiment is cut in gold metallic card and popped up on foam pads. (fiddly to cut the tiny pieces, but worth the effort)

Challenges.

Crafty Creations - Anything Goes 

Craft for the Craic - Pick Me Up - This news was just the pick me up that Maria needed. Working at the hospital after Christmas she picked up the winter vomiting bug, and spent the New Year in bed. She's recovered now, and can't wait to get started on her new challenge.

MFT - Stitched scalloped rectangle die and stitched alphabet
Distress Ink - abandoned coral

4 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

This is BEAUT-IFUL! Gorgeous design and I love how you split the wording, Jo x

Lee said...

WOW,I remember when she qualified,very clever young lady.Huge Congratulations.Loving the card.xx

Anna-Karin said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. Anna-Karin DT

Unknown said...

Oh wow. Love the card. What a great idea with the die cut letters. Thanks for joining us for January's challenge over at Craft for the Craic.
Best wishes,
Eithne
(Owner)