Thursday 18 May 2017

ALL SQUARE

Hello
Have you visited the Seven Hills Craft Blog?
They have a fabulous design team and post a new card every day - lots of lovely inspration.
When I saw Gemma's card - here - I knew I had to attempt a version of it.


I inked up my squares (don't look too closely, I don't have a square die so they're not perfect) -
and attached my doggy die-cuts with foam tape and snipped off anything hanging over the square.
I did some minimal colouring on the dogs and then attached the squares to my base card with foam tape.
A simple idea, but I think it's really effective and would work with lots of different stamps and colour combos.

Challenges



Supplies
My Favorite Things - Four Legged Friends
Distress Ink - Spiced Marmalade / Pickled Raspberry / Salty Ocean / Seedless Preserves / Peacock Feathers / Ripe Persimmon


9 comments:

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Caroline, what a great couple of cards! I love all the various colours you've used for your squares. You're right about how effective this is. Those die-cut images simply "pop" against the colours. Thanks so much for joining Judy's Masculine anything goes challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Fiona said...

What a great fun card - your squares look great to me - thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge

Created by Kath said...

Thanks for joining the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. What a fun pup card!

Penny Hanuszak said...

Caroline what a delightful and cheery card you've created. The little dog faces made me smile. Great card! Thanks so much for joining us for Judy's Masculine anything goes challenge at our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Marsha Reed said...

Wonderful cards, Caroline! Thanks for joining us this week at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

Judy Markowitz said...

Caroline, I agree this is such a fun idea and is really super versatile! And I am a doggy owner and doggy lover so this really captures my geart! I adore this! Thanks for joining us this week on Watercooler Wednesday!

libbystamps said...

SO adorable! Love the little guys! Thanks for joining us this week at Watercooler Wednesday challenges!

Jen W. said...

I LOVE this!!! So bright and fun and happy! I used it as inspiration for a card so check out my blog tomorrow. :)

Ardyth said...

Love your Warhol-take on this - great way to incorporate colours!