Friday 7 July 2017

ANEMONES

Hello.
In my last craft haul, I bought flower stamps.
Eek! Me with flowers!
I've been staring at them for a month, trying to decide what to do with them ;-)

Here, I've coloured them with Copics - but tried to kind of smoosh on the colour,
instead of my usual flicking technique - to give them more of a water colour look.


I'm entering my card for the challenge at Muse Card Club,
with inspiration this week from Anita Bowden


I used the turquoise, pink and purple colour palette and a birthday sentiment,
stamped in black. 
I don't have any butterflies, so for that element I added a few black gems.

Supplies
WPlus9 Modern Anemones, coloured with Copics
Sentiment - Simon Says Stamp, Thoughtful Messages
MFT - Stitched Scalloped Border Rectangle



11 comments:

Michelle Lupton said...

Gorgeous!

Kim Heggins said...

Just so beautiful...love your sweet flowers! Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse!

Marilyn said...

Beautiful coloring, Caroline. I like the smooshed coloring ... will give it a try. You and flowers play together nicely.

Michelle said...

Oh, Caroline, this card is super gorgeous! I love your beautiful blooms!

Ardyth said...

You definitely achieved a watercolour look with the copics! I'm going to try it! Love the bold bright colours! Thanks for joining us at Muse this week!

Marilyn said...

Love your colors and the smooshing coloring technique ... will have to try it. You and your flower stamps played together nicely, Caroline. Great job.

Neets B said...

Woooaaahhh, Caroline this is gorgeous! How strange that I have to stop myself buying flowers and butterflies, together our stash would be perfect! haha
LOVE the way you've coloured these flowers and the placement of all your elements just works beautifully.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse this week, Anita x

foleysfriend said...

Wonderful interpretation of Anita's Muse card; love how you used the colours of Anita's card and the stamps that you have to create this great card.

Maura said...

Love this - your design, coloring, and sentiment placement are all lovely!
-Beesmom at splitcoast (fellow MUSE participant)!

Maura said...

Your layout, coloring, and sentiment placement are all so lovely!!
-Beesmom at splitcoast (fellow MUSE participant)!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hello Caroline: WOW!! your card is gorgeous!!! I was late entering this challenge but I always like to check out the entries and yours immediately pop off the page.
You took the colors of Anita's card and ran away with them, beautiful flowers and design.
Thank you for sharing.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.
www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com