Thursday 24 August 2017

JUST MY TYPE

Hello.
Are you playing along at Muse this week?
Kim has a fabulous pineapple card as our inspiration.
This one really got me thinking and I had a good rummage through my old stash.
I came up with this, little used, typewriter stamp from Hero Arts.


This was a super quick and easy card to make, and a style I might try again
 if I can just shut up the Virgo in me whispering "it's not neat" "it's too messy" blah blah...  ;-)

I started with my die-cut panel and then stamped the typewriter and sentiment.
I smooshed some distress oxide ink onto an acrylic block and then just painted it on with a brush.
Then I just scattered a few sequins and attached the panel to my base card with foam pads.


Card by Kim Heggins


Inspiration 
  • scalloped edge border
  • one main image
  • yellow and green colour combo
  • sequins
Supplies
Hero Arts - Typewriter Notes
Distress Ink - Fossilized Amber, Cracked Pistachio
MFT - Stitched Scalloped Edge Rectangle Die


5 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Fabulous card...love your adorable typewriter! Such a fun card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Muse!!

I Card Everyone said...

if that's the issue, I must have a little Virgo in ME, too!!! I think it every bit as perfect as can be, Caroline!!!
=]

Ardyth said...

I love how that painted DO background looks - perfect amount of messy, if you ask me! lol! But I know how you feel (even though I'm a Gemini). Love the pop of colour and velvety texture it provides. Thanks so much for joining us at Muse this week!

foleysfriend said...

Great "thinking outside the box" box interpretation of Kim's Muse card. I can see the elements and how you created your own wonderful card.

Aileen said...

Fabulous card brilliant background. You nailed it Caroline