Monday 17 December 2018

CHRISTMAS CARAVAN

Hello.

Here's my last Christmas card of this season,
and it's for my husband.

This year we bought a caravan.
We've had some really fun trips in it and been so lucky with the weather.

Maybe next year we'll get to re-create this snow scene somewhere :-)


I started by distress inking a background sky.
Then, I added a stitched border, with some die-cut trees and a fussy-cut caravan.
The little, individual fairy lights were so tricky to stick on  - they are such tiny pieces.
To finish, I splattered on some white acrylic paint for the snow.

Challenge



I've used distress inks on the background, and versacolor ink for the trees,
Copics on the caravan and the fairy lights, and acrylic paint for the snow.

Supplies
Caravan, from Avery Elle, Home Sweet Home
Trees from MFT stamps Oh Christmas Tree, Rectangular Stax 1
Fairy Lights are Memory Box Dies, 
Distress Ink, Tumbled Glass, Salty Ocean, Stormy Sky
Versacolor Turquoise and Cocoa


4 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline! You've finished the Season off with a BANG! What a darling little caravan this is!
Christmas wishes, and cheers to a fabulous New caravan-ing year!!
=]

Aileen said...

Caroline, love this scene so beautifully coloured. You got a caravan and we got a campervan and have a few interesting trips this year also. But I cant image camping out in the snow, brrrrrr think I enjoy the Spring and Summer trips better.

Bet he loves this card. xx

Wendy said...

Fabulous card Caroline...Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Hugs
Wendy xx

desperatehousewifecraft said...

You created such an adorable scene Caroline and those fairy lights look wonderful all strung up, well done! Thanks for sharing it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More and I look forward to seeing more of your gorgeous creations this year too. Have a wonderfully creative 2019! Hugs, Gwendolyn