Wednesday 23 January 2019

LET IT SNOW

Hello. 

I'm out of my comfort zone again today,
playing with watercolours.
I bought a set of the zig clean color real brush markers -
so I have to learn how to use them, right?

After watching a gazillion videos, here's my attempt at a watercolour background  ;-)


After playing along at CAS Mix it Up last week, I stumbled across 
their watercolour challenge.
Perfect for getting lots of inspiration and seeing how it's done.



supplies
clearly besotted - into the woods again, stamped and embossed in white
wplus9 - winter wonderland
mft - snow globe sentiments
zig, clean color real brush markers

7 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

For a first try with Zigs you did AMAZING Caroline!! I can't tell you how long I had a love/hate relationship with Zigs...took lots of time and practice for me to get comfortable with them!! Your background turned out wonderful with the Zigs and I'm really loving the gradient you achieved...so many lovely shades of blue! A fabulous Winter scene...thanks so much for sharing this beauty with us at CAS Watercolour!! :0)

Rose said...

way to go!!! i think this is beautiful and you did a fantastic water color background :)
ps i am still afraid to try water colors. maybe one day.........

Bonnie said...

I'd say you use those Zigs like a pro, Caroline! Love the beautiful sky with the birches, birds and sweet deer! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Watercolour!

Susan said...

Would never have known you were new to this! A fabulous card with a beautiful watercolour background. Love the birds and deer in the forefront. Thank you so much for joining us at CAS Watercolour!

Loll said...

I'd say you mastered the zig first try Caroline! Gorgeous mix of coloures for your winter sky. And wonderfully design card with your trees and deer. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Fantastic! Love the ombre. I use my zigs more than distress markers. They are so versatile. I hope you enjoy them:) Thanks so much for sharing at the CAS Watercolour Challenge.

Lee said...

Beautiful clever you.x