Wednesday 12 June 2019

MAKE WAVES

Hello.

When I first started card making - many moons ago - 
I decided I wouldn't use stamps and ink, 
cos they were just too expensive.
Instead, I bought little, card toppers, a few cheap dies and some punches.
I could get by with those, I told myself.
Ha! Ha! Ha!
snort*

I think that lasted about 6 months!
So, it's been a while since I made a card with no stamping at all,
but those clever librarians at The Library Challenge
have pushed me to think outside the box.


The challenge book is To The Lighthouse, but
I don't posses a single lighthouse, sea, beach, or fish stamp,
so I tried to create a deep sea theme 
using a decorative punch in shades of green, to represent the waves.


There's a pretty touch of glitter, for added bling, on the hello sentiment. It just doesn't show up too well on camera.

supplies
martha stewart decorative punch
memory box hello die
various shade of textured green card and a sprinkling of glamour dust




4 comments:

Kathyk said...

Super card and such a fab collection of colours too.

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and leaving me a comment about my card made using the Black Ice technique. I've been back in to my post and added a video link, should you feel so inclined to look again - otherwise, there are a number of videos on the technique on YouTube - hope that helps you

Kathyk

I Card Everyone said...

I adore these dies, Caroline … you've made waves in The Library!!
=]

Marina said...

How clever! How pretty! What a great idea. Thanks for joining The Library

Pop's Cards said...

I actually said the same thing, I didn't last long too, I actually really love this it is so pretty, hugs Pops x