Friday 23 July 2021

Sew Much Fun

Hello
Phew... is anyone else melting?
My craft room is in the conservatory - which is a total no-go zone in this heat.
So, I've been sat in front of the fan with this little stitching project.

This was a great stitch to use, it took me a while,
but it's much faster than an all over cross stitch.
I played along over at the color hues challenge, so my colours are lime green,
a blue aqua, with a neutral shade just to break things up.

Tip: glossy accents is great for getting that sentiment to stick to the yarn.




Lime Green & Aqua


mama elephant - pegworks die, labeled messages
altenew ink - lime



9 comments:

Karen said...

What a great card! It's just perfect for the Color Hues challenge, and it's so much fun to see such a creative project in the gallery! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Caroline, Your card stopped me in my tracks this morning when I spied it at Color Hues. Brilliant use of our colors and the neutral was a perfect addition. I couldn't love this anymore! Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

Vikki H said...

This is wonderful! I love your stitch too!

TK said...

How fun! Love the die that allowed you to do the fun stitching -- I've seen others yet while I cross-stitch, I've never done it on a card. I might have to change that!

Cindy Beach said...

Your card is very sweet and refreshing! Glad the stitching helped you to stay cool, it's so pretty! Thanks for playing along at Color Hues.

Karen said...

Every bit of work you did for this card was worth it! I love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues.

Julie B said...

What a great idea, the wool gives the design so much texture. A simple design but so effective. So pleased that you were inspired to join in at Color Hues. I agree it's been far too hot to concentrate on anything! :)

Hannelie said...

You know by know I am a BIG fan 😍
This amazing card is no exception .
Thank you so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Kristie Goulet said...

WOAH! This card was certainly a labor of love and so worth the end result! I love it! Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!