Thursday 13 January 2022

Everybunny Needs Somebunny Sometimes

Look at me! Today I'm totally out of my comfort zone and attempting a background à la Sandy Allnock.
Usually my colouring is confined to cats and dogs, and other critters (and the odd flower) but today I was inspired to give my stamped image a wintry background.


To begin with I stamped my bunny image and drew a hillside behind him with a black fineliner. Then I masked the bunny and hills, and inked up my sky with distress ink. I splattered the sky with water drops, which made my fineliner run a bit in places!! I used a very simple stamp for the trees, and overlapped it a little. After colouring my image with copics I went to work with a white gel pen. I think I went a bit crazy with it on the trees, but I kind of like the effect - and I'm pretty pleased with myself that I remembered to make sure some snow was falling on my bunny and bird :-)
Overall I'm really happy with how this turned out. But check out Sandy Allnock's blog to see the master at work.


Challenge
Stamping Sensations

***Anything stamped with option to add a die***

My bunny/bird image and trees were stamped and framed with a  large postage stamp die.

colorado craft company - christmas presents, coloured with copics
concord and 9th - tiny trees, stamped in distress ink iced spruce
distress ink - tumbled glass
avery elle - postage stamp die

5 comments:

brenda said...

You have created a delightful Winter scene, many thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations January challenge.

B x

Lee said...

Oh my giddy aunt,Caroline.This is Super Duper Cute.I adore that stamp.Loving what you have done with background and trees.A real hit.By the way can I enquire,what masks do you use.Another thing I need to get as I have just been using copy paper,but of course it wont stick !! Thinking of you,hope you and family are doing ok.Big Hugs and a cuddle for Buster.xxx

I Card Everyone said...

Well done, Caroline!! Your little scene is perfection!
=]

Mrs.B said...

I love the little winter scene you created here, that bunny is so sweet.
Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations. Avril x

pinky said...

That is super adorable! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations this month. Hugs
Pinky