Friday 8 July 2022

Songbirds on Branches

Hello.
Just a quick post this morning.
I have my spot on the sofa booked, and snacks at the ready,
for this afternoon's Wimbledon semi-finals     :o) 

I have to say thanks to the super talented Michele for this card.
I saw her use this stamp and just fell in love with it. Thanks for the inspiration, Michele.
Here, I've used just one of the branches for a Less is More card.

This was also my first time using embossing paste. Oh wow! How much fun is it? I love it and it works so well for snow, giving some lovely texture to the card. I think I need to be a bit more generous with it though - the distress ink colour shows through a little bit.


Challenge



pinkfresh studio - songbirds on branches, perfect sentiments
pretty pink posh - snowfall stencil
distress ink - salvaged patina
copics

5 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I LOVE this card. Your inked sky is beautiful and your maiden voyage with embossing paste is a huge success. Love your coloring and the white details look fantastic. Thanks for sharing this beauty with us at Less Is More.

I Card Everyone said...

You are so very welcome, Caroline! I see you also have the dies, you lucky girl! I just knew they'd come in handy!
This is so lovely - distress inks always bleed through any time liquid is added, but I'm just seeing this as that really, really cold snow that appears blue! lol
Well done, my friend!
=]

baileyrosy.com said...

What a beautiful card coloured to perfection and the texture is just right in my view.

Marie

JanR said...

Absolutely lovely! I adore the colours and the embossing paste looks fantastic.

perfectly4med said...

Super interpretation of our emboss challenge at Less is More and great use of colour. You may find that it's not a lack of embossing paste that has caused the distress to bleed through, but the wet paste leaching the colour from the distress ink (which of course is water reactive). I've had some success with putting the paste on first, letting it completely dry, adding the distress ink and either carefully wiping the paste with an almost dry baby wipe, or sanding the paste back to get it back to white.

Neil