Saturday 3 September 2022

The Cutest Reindeer Of All

Hello.
Today I'm sharing some Reindeer with you.
I watched THIS cool video from Jennifer McGuire and Lila, about making cards with small die cuts, and just had to give it a go. I don't have any silhouette dies, so I struggled to find something that might work, eventually coming across this reindeer. It's a bit big, but I think I got away with it.


  • die cut lots of reindeer from snippets of design paper and white card
  • layer the reindeer with the design paper on top (I used 2 layers of card and 1 of dp)
  • stick the reindeer onto a card panel, leaving space for your sentiment (because my reindeer were so big, I ended up adding the sentiment with foam tape)
  • trim off the reindeer pieces around the edge of the panel.
  • attach panel to card base, add sentiment
I recommend watching Jennifer's video. This was just a simple version of her technique, she also shows how you can die-cut in plain colours and stamp a design on top. Plus other variations.


Challenges


  • hero arts - reindeer set
  • mini snowflake from wplus9, stamped in distress ink salvaged patina
  • various snippets of christmas dp

2 comments:

cm said...

How cute are these colourful reindeer, prancing about on your card panels! Cheery, festive fun...and perfect for our *Repetition* challenge at Inkspirational! Delighted you joined us!
~carol

Tracey McNeely said...

Caroline definitely the cutest reindeer! Love these cards.