Friday 21 September 2018

BLUE MOON

Hello

The middle aisle of Aldi called to me this week -
and I bought a cheap (£6.99) set of acrylic paints.
The trouble is, I've never used them before, and I'm not really 'arty'
so I was amazed when I managed to create this swirly background.
Go me :-)


I started by adding a separate splodge of white and blue paint onto a paper plate.
I mixed in a little water and started a small circle on my panel with white,
then I gradually kept added a little more blue into the white, swirling as I went along,
until I finished with the darkest blue.
Not perfect, but I love the look it created.


I know I need to practice the snow splatter - and also find a way to do it so that it doesn't cover the card, my desk, my hands and my clothes in tiny white spots :-)

Challenges


S is for Snow and/or T is for Teal



Anything Christmas Goes

Supplies
MFT - Rectangle Stax 1, Ina and Out Stitched Squares, Stitched Scallop Basic Edges, Oh Christmas Tree, Beast Friends
Acrylic Paints. Copics


6 comments:

Christine Kiehl said...

I am so loving this card! I think it turned out perfect! Thank you for taking the time and effort to share! Enjoy your weekend!

Darlene said...

WOW you've created an AWESOME background for this cute scene! I too have trouble with run away paint splatter lol! Fabulous creation! Thanks so much for playing in our Merry Little Christmas Challenge! Good Luck and I look forward to seeing you again next month!

Darlene
Merry Little Christmas DT
MERRY LITTLE CHRISTMAS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

BrendaB said...

Wow, you did a great job on the background! I've never tried using paints on my cards, might have to do that. Thanks for joining us at Merry Little Christmas Challenges

Helen said...

Sweet card - love the background!
Thanks for playing at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
Helen x

Pop's Cards said...

I love it so sweet and not at all scary :0) background looks amazing hugs Pops x

Leslie said...

I'm sorry I'm late with my comment but wanted to thank you so much for sharing your amazing project with us in the Merry Little Christmas Challenge Blog's September challenge and we hope to see you again for our October challenge!
Hugs,
Leslie, MLC DT
Love To Scrap 2