Tuesday 8 January 2019

HAPPY PETALS


... or NOT so happy petals in my case!

I am determined to get to grips with florals this year.
So, I'm playing along at the flower challenge,
in the hope that some of their bloom inspiration rubs off on me :-)


This card was a bit of a disaster, and nearly went in the bin several times.
I managed to mess up the white embossing in places, and get bits all over my sentiment.
(Note to self: stamp sentiment after embossing).

I also intended to add the grey just around the blooms and leaves. But I had a rush of blood to the head, and scribbled it all over. Why ???
 
In an attempt to salvage it, I added some water and brushed the darker grey out.
Of course, it isn't watercolour paper, so this proved a bit tricky.

Thanks for looking. I'm now going to lie down in a dark room :-o)

Challenge.



Supplies
wplus9 - modern anemones
mft - handwritten happiness
zig clean color real brush 


1 comment:

Viv said...

What a beautiful card Caroline. I love the whole design even the grey all over background. Glad we managed to inspire you, I struggled with a watercolour card constantly today too so I know your pain lol.Thanks for joining us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx