Monday 9 May 2022

Let's Run Away And Live In The Woods

Hello.
We've just had a lovely few days away in our caravan. The weather was gorgeous and we found a great new way to get to the beach, along a golf course and through some woods. So, when I saw the 'vacation' theme at 
Time Out this was the scene that popped into my head. 


I inked up the background and used a small, circle die as a mask, for the moon. I really love those die cut trees. They're a new purchase and I can already see they're going to get lots of use. My caravan was coloured with copics, fussy cut and popped up with foam pads, and the sentiment was heat embossed.

Then..... I blew everything at the last minute by trying to add some stars to the night sky, with a white gel pen!! Argh!  How DO you draw stars????
I tried to make it look better by adding some white spots, but by then I was just digging a deeper hole.


Challenge

Time Out 


avery elle - home sweet home, coloured with copics
altenew blue inks      mft - tall trees dies
pinkfresh studio - diagonal stitch rectangle 
sentiment - clearly besotted, time to relax



3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline you are being much too hard on yourself! Just seeing those stars as 'twinkling' and you'll love them as much as I do!
Looks like a dream vacay to me!
Darling card!
=]

Shauna said...

What a fabulous card! I love your use of ink and the whole scene looks so serene and fun. Thanks for playing at Time Out Challenges!
- Shauna

Nancy said...

I think this s just fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out!