Saturday 18 April 2009

A Sweet Treat

... but not for eating!!
Well, I guess you could eat it, but I wouldn't recommend it.
My daughter started a new job today -
she goes to Uni. but has got a job,
one day a week, in a clothes shop.
So, I wanted to have a little treat ready for her
when she gets home tonight.
This is a Lemon, Honey Body Scrub and is for the
'Recycle' challenge over at Simon Says

The glass jar is recycled from Christmas -
it contained Christmas Crunch,
from my very first blog entry,
and has finally found it's way back to me.
The little green ribbon is also recycled.
Have you noticed, that nearly every top you buy
has these little ribbons sewn into the shoulders.
I have started to cut them out and use them in my crafting.

The stripey paper is DCWV - Nursery
and everything else is from my stash.

I haven't tried the scrub yet, but here is my recipe for it.
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup olive oil
grated rind of 1 lemon
2 tbsps honey

5 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Lovely gift idea :-) I always cut out these little ribbons, they seem to come in handy !!:-)
I've written down this recipe, will try it :-)

Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge
Lorraine x x

Bev said...

What a fab idea, just the sort of gift my daughter loves receiving x

Mephisto said...

Hi,
thats a wonderful Idea and looks great.

Thanks for joining in the SimonSaysChallenge.

Domi

Iris said...

An absolut brilliant idea.
Thanks for joining the Simon Says Challenge.

Iris

debby4000 said...

Beautiful gift, wonderful recycling.
luv
Debby