Friday 25 January 2013

I Heart Flowers

Have you started thinking of Valentine's Day yet?
For the last few nights I have been sewing little, felt hearts for a cute project for my girls.
So I had hearts on the brain when I made this card :-)



I used a Molly Blooms stamp, masking off the flowers and replacing them with little, heart buttons.
The 'I love you' is cut from a rub-on love quote. I have a stack of these, that I've never really known what to do with. It just dawned on me that I don't have to use the whole quote, I can just cut out the words I want!! Duh!

Challenges
City Crafter - Forever Mine - (Use Hearts)
Papercraft Star - Buttons
C.R.A.F.T. -  Valentine's Day or Love
Papertake -  Tie Up Your Loose Ends (Use A Bow)


  • Molly Blooms, Floral Line
  • Copics
  • Heart Buttons 
  • Twine
  • Rub-on love quote, DCWV 

16 comments:

Sylvia said...

This is the sweetest card, Caroline, I LOVE your heart flowers and that you used buttons! So clever, great job with the challenge. thanks for sharing your card with us at the Papercraft Star this week.

Sue said...

This is so beautiful Caroline. I love those little heart buttons.
I hope you have a good weekend
Sue xx

♥Jan♥ said...

What a fun card, and exceptionally eye catching ! The buttons were so fun, and unexpected. Thanks for joining in with us at Papercraft Star for our button challenge this week !

Sheryl said...

I just love this, Caroline. It is beautiful in its simplicity.
Thanks for joining us at CRAFT this week. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs Sheryl xx

Debs said...

Fabulous card Caroline - love the cute heart buttons.
Have a fabulous weekend.
Debs xx

catherine said...

This is super Caroline and love what you have done with the flowers. Have a good weekend - it is snowing again here
x catherine

Aileen said...

Your little heart buttons are so cute. x

Anonymous said...

I love the sweet heart buttone, so cute!! Thanks so much for sharing this week at CCCB :-)

Lorraine A said...

Hi Caroline :-) It is ages since I popped by but I do think of you often :-) hope all is well with you xx

Gorgeous card, I love the little heart buttons and CAS design ,,, what a stunner ! :-)

luv
Lols x x x

Ros Crawford said...

This is so lovely!! Many thanks for laying at CCCB and at Papercraft Star!

Doreen said...

Gorgeous card,love the image and fab colours,love what you have done with the buttons.xxx

Vicky said...

Oh how totally sweet is this hun, love it!!!!

Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous! Love the little heart buttons. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Papercraft Star.

Deanne :)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Flabby card.... thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Unknown said...

What an amazing CAS card. I LOVE it. I am so glad you played along with us over at CCCB!

Lee said...

WOW,I would never have thought of those elements.Sooo darn clever.Hugs xx