Tuesday 6 March 2018

BARTENDER POOCH

Hello

I'm excited today to be joining the awesome CASology team
as this week's Guest Designer.


And the cue card this week is : ABSTRACT



Yikes!  I definitely found this one a challenge :-)

In the end I decided to go with the dictionary definition of abstract,
rather than a more arty abstract style.

Abstract : existing in thought, or as an idea, but not having a physical or concrete existence.

I hope my Bartender Pooch qualifies as abstract.  :-)


I used an old Bartender Edwin stamp I have from Magnolia,
masked off the head, and stamped onto my die cut panel.
Then I added the dog's head from MFT stamps, popped up on foam tape,
for some added dimension.

I've just noticed that, because of the slight bow in the stripes on the shirt,
my dog looks a like he has a little pot belly. Ha ha ha!
He better get down to the gym  :o)

I hope you'll join in the challenge this week.
I can't wait to see where this cue word takes you.

Grab our badge!


Supplies.
Magnolia Stamps - Bartender Edwin.
Lawn Fawn - Stitched Rectangle
MFT - Four Legged Friends.   Mama Elephant - Labeled Messages
Copics

5 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your Guest DT spot, Caroline! Your bartender is adorable, and I think he works perfectly for the cue card!

Dotty Jo said...

What clever masking! Great card... Love that belly, Jo x

I Card Everyone said...

Yay!!! This means you had a win, and I'm sure you deserved the honor, Caroline ... off with his head!!! Oh I couldn't resist! LOve this guy with the shaving-cream on his face - he hee... xx
=]

Joyce said...

This is adorable. I would be drinking all day if that doggy was my bar tender, pot bellied or not. Thanks so much for being our Guest Designer at CASology this week.

karen h said...

This is so adorable! Your coloring is amazing! So glad you are the guest designer this week - Congrats!!