Saturday 10 March 2018

BEST MUM

Hello.

This Sunday is Mother's Day, here in the UK.
And today I'm sharing with you the card I made for my mum.

Instead of struggling with flower stamps, I went for a pretty, feminine background.

This was my first ever attempt at a bokeh technique.
I love it!


If you haven't already, you should give this technique a try.
It's much easier than I thought, and there are some great videos out there, showing how it's done.

This is the basics of how I did mine.

I taped down a piece of watercolour paper, and gave it a brush with water.
I chose a few distress inks, and smooshed them onto my acrylic block.
Then I lifted the colour off with a brush and dabbed it onto the watercolour paper. Continue doing this until the paper is covered.
You can keep the colour light or add extra ink for darker shades.
Allow to dry (or use a heat gun).

Then I used my nestie circles to create a circles template, with a piece of plastic packaging that I found in my craft bin!!

I placed the circle template over my now dry, inky panel, and used white ink to make the circles, moving it around randomly, and overlapping some circles.

This gives such a pretty effect and it's definitely something I will try again.


Challenges




Girl Power

Supplies.
Distress Ink - Pickled Raspberry, Mustard Seed, Seedless Preserves
MFT - Stitched Alpha Dies
Nested Circle Dies
Mama Elephant - Labeled Messages


5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card, Caroline! Jo x

Penny Hanuszak said...

For a first time effort at the Bokeh Technique, you rocked it Caroline! Beautiful. Love the super soft colours in the stunning background and the simplicity of the lettering and sentiment. Great card! Thanks for sharing with us at the Watercooler Wednesday "Feminine" Anything Goes Challenge this week.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Caroline :-) I love the bokeh effect background, very pretty and the little sequins add a lovely touch of sparkle, I am sure your Mum will love this :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Heidi Weaver said...

What a bright and happy looking card, Caroline! That bokeh effect is brilliant, especially using those gorgeous colours. Love that stitched gold foil "MUM" and the pretty pink labelled message below. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

Lady Joyful said...

Love the bokeh effect! Really beautiful card. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT