Friday 8 February 2019

BRILLIANT BLOOMS

Hello.

With Valentine's day fast approaching, I thought I would make a card for my mum.
I've kept it simple, with just a couple of embossed blooms, but tried to add interest with the water colouring and my 3D letters.


I've used my new Zig clean color real brush markers for the water colouring, and I'm so happy with how it turned out. Not perfect, or exactly how I would like, but I think I'm learning a little bit more every time I use them. Baby steps ;-)

For the 'MUM' sentiment, I've used the inlaid die technique, and added a layer of coloured card and foam tape for that extra 3D effect.



Challenge



Dimensional Die-cuts + Stamping,  + Water Colouring

Supplies
mft - brilliant blooms, embossed in white and coloured with zig clean color real brush markers
'i love you' from mft loveable leopards
'MUM'  mft stitched alphabet dies
mft stitched scallopedge die

6 comments:

Wendy said...

Absolutely beautiful, love it!
Wendy xx

Bonnie said...

Your watercolor flowers are so vivid and beautiful, Caroline! I love how you've stacked the die cut stitched letters! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Loll said...

Beautifully watercoloured blooms Caroline. Love the bright pink ... so pretty and happy! Awesome design with your white embossed black banner and popped up hidden word Mum! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking card and love the vibrant colour of the pretty flowers with the crisp white. The dimension from the die cut 'Mum' looks so pretty. Thank you for joining in The CAS Mix Up Challenge with this beauty x

Susan Joyce said...

Beautiful card, love how you coloured your flowers and added the colour to you diecut word stack, it is really effective. Thanks for joining us this month at CAS Mix Up.

Pop's Cards said...

I think this is very very STUNNING a gorgeous creation hugs Pops x