Saturday 23 March 2019

Bloom and Grow

Hello.

It's no secret that I'm rubbish with flower stamps,
I think the main problem is that I don't have a lot of inks,
so I struggle to match colour shades with these multi-step blooms.

With this new set, I tried.... and tried... and failed!
In the end, I just stamped the main image, and a contrasting centre,
and I think they look pretty good.


I arranged the blooms and leaves onto a die-cut frame, trimming off the outer pieces that hung over the edge.
The frame was then popped up with foam tape onto my base card,
and I added the die-cut MUM letters in gold card.



Supplies
MFT - painted petals, rectangular stax1, stitched alpha
Versacolor inks - cyan, heliotrope, canary, orchid, sky blue, lavender

4 comments:

Aileen said...

Sucha a beautiful card Caroline, like a perfect garden in the Spring just love all that colour. Thank you so much for joining us at The Fower Challenge xx Aileen DT

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline, you are NOT rubbish with anything! When I am limited with coordinating inks, I simple stamp the second layer with the same, and it looks as if it's a darker ink - does that make any sense at all? lol
This is perfection just as it is! xx
=]

Ericka Strange said...

Love these bright blooms and the frame you created. So pretty with the gold Mum! Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Pop's Cards said...

Looks amazing especially the gold that pops right off the page, a gorgeous card, hugs Pops x