Saturday 20 June 2020

FRESH MORNING

Hello.

Here's my card for this week's 



As soon as I saw it, I loved this bold stamp set from Altenew.
But, you know me and flowers. We are not best friends!
I had a bugger of a job getting the blooms to stamp. They were very blotchy to begin with. After using the Versamark trick they got better, and I think it's just a case of, the more you use them, the better impression they will give.
Unless you know any other tips.

N.B. memento tuxedo black ink blends really well. 
I used it with a stencil for those stripes.



I was inspired by the bold, black and white stripes and, the orange/red and teal colour combo.

altenew - bold floral drape
distress ink - abandoned coral, peacock feathers, mowed lawn
memento tuxedo black
clearly besotted stripes stencil
sentiment from avery elle, home sweet home
liquid pearls white opal

2 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

No matter how you stamp them, these modern blooms, the colors, and stripes all come together for a gorgeous card, Caroline! Thanks for sending it over to IB!
=]
p.s. I have a white eraser that I use to 'season' all my stamps before using them the first time. It seems to 'erase' any leftover 'oily-ness' from the manufacturing process that I feel keeps the ink from clinging?

Pop's Cards said...

This is simply stunning, I love the colours you have used, hugs Pops x