Sunday 12 July 2020

WATERMELON CAKE

Hello.
Hands up who knew watermelon cake was a thing?
I discovered it when I was looking for ideas for this week's 
                        Inspired By Challenge.
I have to say, this wind swept corner of North Yorkshire does not see an abundance of watermelon.
Alas, my local co-op counts pineapple on pizza as its nod to the exotic! :o)


I used copics to colour my watermelon cake.
and slightly pressed down on the tip of a black marker to create those seeds.

The cake was a little plain when I'd done it, so I tried adding tiny blooms, or more candles for interest,  but eventually went with those citrus slices.


Now I need to go and try some of those tutti frutti cake recipes I came across. 



hero arts - birthday cake layering, coloured with copics and white gel pen
citrus slices from clearly besotted, raise a glass
mft - rectangle die and stitched scalloped basic edge die


3 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline, I've found it fun to 'melonize' lots of things... why not a cake?? It's darling, delicious, and a delightful addition to our IB gallery! Thank you!
=]

Shilo XO said...

Super cute!! Loving that watermelon cake 😍

Danni Reid said...

I absolutely could NOT love this more, this is so pretty and delicious! Thank you for sharing with us this week @ IB, can't wait to see more of your cards, love your style!