Tuesday 4 August 2020

SMOOSHING

Hello
I decided to get inky today and try the smooshing effect, for my ocean background.


I smooshed my distress inks on some plastic packaging, spritzed them with water and laid my card on top. I did this a few times, heat drying my card in between laying down colours.
Then I used an upside down cloud stencil, to try and create some waves.
Finally, I spattered a few dark ink and white drops.
I am really pleased with how it turned out.



Challenge




  • hero arts - i'm a puffer for you, coloured with copics
  • distress ink - crack pistachio, peacock feathers, salty ocean, mermaid lagoon
  • mft - rectangle die, mini cloud stencil  

 
 

6 comments:

Lee said...

Hi loving that effect,great colours too.I only do crochet now lol.Lots on my blog.Hope you are all well.xx

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline you've created an amazing wavy ocean for your darling Puffer fish! So happy that our Sketch inspired your smooshing session! Thanks for playing!
=]

Michal said...

So cute! Lovely card <3

Viv said...

Such a brilliant card Caroline! I love all the bright colour and those sweet chubby fish too ;) Viv xx

sue t. said...

Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog. I had to check out yours and I love your CAS style sister!! I subscribed, so I wouldn't miss a card!!
PS hang on to those "fishy" ideas, there is a challenge coming up at CAS on Friday right up that alley.

Lisa Petrella said...

Congrats on your win over at CAS(E) This Sketch!!! Your card is totally fabulous! I love the way your ocean background turned out and those colorful fish are super fun!!!!