Friday 6 August 2021

Take Time to Smell the Flowers

Hello.
Today was a good day.
We made it to 10 am without any drama.
Well, almost!  :o)   We're not going to mention the out of control dog at the park!

So, I was really feeling up for a challenge, and got out some flower stamps.


I embossed the blooms in white, and coloured them with copics,
using the pink and yellow combo for the Color Hues Challenge.
Who knew this would be such a pretty combo.

Then I got a bit carried away and did some grey shading and a little splatter.
Splatter is not really my thing - it's too random for my Virgo disposition,
but I gave it a go.

Question: How do you get splatter of different sizes?


Challenge

Color Hues the Color Challenge


mft - brilliant blooms, coloured with copics
sentiment - colorado craft company - citrus berry cupcake
pinkfresh studio - diagonal stitch rectangle


7 comments:

Kristie Goulet said...

Gorgeous coloring! I love your gray shading and the spatters look great!
Thanks so much for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

Personally, I think your splatter is perfect! There's enough variation, and doesn't overwhelm those gorgeous pink and yellow blooms! I like the gray shading a lot, too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Generally, the size of the spatter depends on the size of the brush but if you used the same brush then my theory is right out the window! LOL This card is beautiful and I think your splatters are perfect! Thanks for making the colors look so good at Color Hues!

Julie B said...

Love those bright, bold blooms and the soft grey background works well. The stamped and die cut sentiment is one I will have to investigate further!
So pleased you linked up to the Color Hues gallery. :)

Wendy said...

Love this Caroline, it’s absolutely gorgeous! x

Lee said...

Absolutely Beautiful in every way.xx

Hannelie said...

I just smiled when I read about your Virgo disposition and splatters. I get that... being one too 😂... However... I love your card and think your splatters are a great addition to make those beautiful blooms shine!
Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Color Hues ♥