Wednesday 3 November 2021

WIP Temperature Chart

Hello.
Today I'm sharing something a little different. A temperature chart.
 I've wanted to make one of these for a long time. There are some amazing quilts and cross stitch designs all over Pinterest. However, I can't quilt, and my budget wouldn't stretch to all those embroidery supplies, but  I can STAMP! So I created my own chart with a tiny flower stamp. 
I used the small stamp so that I could keep it A4 size for framing.

I used my Zigs to create a colour chart, -2C to 30C+, each colour representing 2 degrees, so 17 colours in all. Then I  keep a record, in my bullet journal, of the daily temperature at 12pm and simply colour the flower in according to my chart.


This is a fun little project, and I've enjoyed doing it. There are definitely things I would change next time though.
  • I would take more care stamping the flowers - they go a little wobbly towards the end, but hey, I guess that's the handmade look, right?
  • I would change the colours a little. It would be nice to see more reds/oranges in there,  so I would make those come in at a lower temperature. 
  • I'm not sure about using 12pm for the daily temperature. I might switch that to the highest daily temp.
Challenge

Love to Craft


November Anything Goes

flower stamp from mftstamps, sweet somebunny
zig clean colour real brush markers

1 comment:

Lee said...

Hi,It all looks very pretty and love that cute lil flower stamp.A bit too intelligent for me though lol.I don't sit still long enough,though I am out a lot in different temperatures.But,I do like it and would love to see another one.xx