Wednesday 5 January 2022

Be Bold. Be Beautiful

Happy New Year Crafters.
I hope you've all had a lovely holiday time with friends and family.
Here is my first card of the year. I've gone for something bright and bold.


The budget will be tight again this year, so that means revisiting some of my less used stash. This bloom die is a good example. I'm not great with flowers anyway, but this is also one of those stamps that I just can't get to give a crisp, clean image, no matter what I try. Learning to live with it not being perfect is a challenge for me :o)


Challenge
Color Hues

Red and Purple

altenew - bold floral drape
colorado craft company - citrus berry cupcake
distress inks - festive berries, wilted violet

7 comments:

Hannelie said...

I LOVE the way you used our challenge colors!the white create beautiful balance to make this a very successful design! Thanks for playing at Color Hues !

Kristie Goulet said...

WOW! This card surely packs a punch! I love it! Thank you for joining us at Color Hues! Happy New Year!

I Card Everyone said...

Caroline, it looks perfect to me! So fun - are you familiar with Marimekko?
=]

Lee said...

Hi.so nice to see you posting Caroline,you have been in my thoughts.I actually don't like too perfect when it's hand made.Your card is so pretty and I adore the colours.I do hope 2022 will be kind to you and your family.Lets hope it's going to be a better year for us all.Take care.Huge Huggles and a cuddle for Buster.xx

Nancy said...

Bold and bright and beautiful, Caroline! Love the font on the sentiment too! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

Karen said...

The title of your blog post is such a great description of your bold red and purple card! Thanks for joining us at Color Hues & Happy New Year!

JanR said...

So bold and beautiful and wonderful! I would never have thought to put these two colours together, my mistake!! Loving this!