Friday 11 March 2022

Do More Of The Things You Love

TGI Friday! It's been a long week. I've had my grandson for a couple of days - which is wonderful - but 4am starts are tough. I also got some new glasses - varifocals - do any of you have them? They are certainly taking a bit of getting used to. Things are all a bit zoomy! Minor issues though, when you look at what's going on in the world right now. My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Ukraine, and their families and friends.

Today's card is for my fabulous SIL, who retired this week. Hopefully she can now relax a little and do more of the things that she loves.

I started by inking up my background with distress inks, spritzed with a little water, and then used foam tape to add the cover up die (remembering to leave a couple of areas free, so that I could slide those animals into the frame). The 'books and coffee' critters and elements were die cut, coloured with copics and then popped up with foam tape.

Challenge
Addicted to Stamps and More

waffle flower - books and coffee
mft dienamics - tri frame cover up
sentiment from clearly besotted, time to relax
distress inks - kitsch flamingo, fossilizeed amber, squeezed lemonade, broken china

5 comments:

JanR said...

What a lovely card for your sil! I adore the colours and it's such a sweet scene. I had to Google varifocals, I had never heard of them before. They do sound like they'd take some getting used to! (:

Toni said...

super cute and good advice. I almost never remember to leave space for my critters LOL

Lee said...

Hi Caroline,yes have had Varifocals for years.They do take a bit of time to get used to but I like them.Loving your card,perfect for Retirement.Although I seem to be busier than ever lol.Hoping you all ok.I can't watch the News,too distressing.xx

foleysfriend said...

What an adorable card! I see book reading and tea/coffee being enjoyed in her retirement! The background is awesome - love the effect achieved with the water droplets. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

sue n.

Lee said...

thought I had left a comment on this one.I adore it.x