Thursday 21 April 2022

And That's A Wrap

Hello.
Today I'm sharing a simple snippets card with you, that I made for my eldest daughter.
She completed her PhD, in cardiac physiology, a while ago, but the ceremonies were cancelled, due to COVID.
A couple of weeks ago she finally got to wear the floppy hat ! :-)


Alphabet dies are great for using up even the smallest snippets of card.
Here, I layered a few pieces together, and coloured the top layer with my ecoline brush pens (great pens if you want a bold, vibrant colour).
Getting the letters in a perfect line is always tricky, so I didn't even attempt it here - and I like the more relaxed result.

Challenge



And here's a photo of my daughter in her coveted floppy hat and gown,
with my grandson, Bailey.



mft - stitched alphabet dies, coloured with ecoline brush pens
lower case 'a' sizzix bug in a rug, alphabet die
avery elle postage stamp die
star from clearly besotted

4 comments:

Di said...

Huge congratulations to your daughter - clever girl! And such a super card, the 'non-uniform' lettering is such a great tip!

Hugs

Di xx

Lee said...

Oh how wonderful for your very clever daughter,great pic too.xx You must be so proud of her.Fab card.xx

Sarn said...

Brilliant use of your snippets. I totally agree that die cutting is a good way of using up snippets.

Glad your daughter got to celebrate her achievement at last.

Thanks for playing in the Snippets Playground xxx

JanR said...

Congrats to your daughter! Wonderful card you've made to celebrate her accomplishment. I especially adore the bright colours.