Tuesday 10 January 2023

Sweet Birthday Wishes

Happy New Year.
I finally managed to get into my craft room, and here is my first make of the year. It's for one of my favourite challenges - Color Hues - where they'd like to see light pink and gold.


I stamped my doughnuts with distress ink, kitsch flamingo, which turns out to be not as light pink as I thought. But, I've just gone with it, as lining up those stamps and dies is really tricky, and I didn't want to start over!

The sentiment has a die and shadow die  - so I cut it with vellum, and gold card and then popped it up with foam pads. I'll definitely be looking for more of these 'double' dies this year. I just love the look of them. If you're sneaky about where you add the foam pads, they hardly show through on the front.


Challenge

Color Hues


the greetery - sweet tooth / piped sentiments
distress ink - kitsch flamingo
altenew ink - warm buff

6 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Happy New Year Caroline this is absolutely so sweet and perfect! I love the doughnuts mixed with the gold. Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at the Color Hues!

Nancy said...

Caroline, This is such a darling card and those donuts look good enough to eat! The script sentiment is a perfect added touch too. Thanks for playing at Color Hues and for the lovely comment.

Marcia Hill said...

Yummmmmmmmm...one of my favorite treats, and these colors look fabulous Caroline! I love the dies that have shadows too...it adds so much to the card, and using vellum is even better as it doesn't hide what's behind it! Thanks so much for sharing this sweet, sweet card with us at Color Hues!! Marcia (DT)

Hannelie said...

Love those yummy donuts Caroline! But oh my... that sentiment steels the show! Its amazing!
Thanks for joining us at Color Hues!

cm said...

I'll take a dozen of your pink iced donuts! So pretty, especially with the shimmery gold sentiment! Thank you for joining us at Colour Hues!
~carol

JanR said...

Love this! The doughnuts look delicious and combining the gold and vellum for the sentiment is such a clever idea!