Saturday 14 October 2023

Art Deco Christmas

 I'm not going to lie - I struggled with Time Out's 'vintage' theme. I googled  - a lot! Thank goodness my grandson had an extra long nap :o) Eventually I decided on something a bit different - maybe not what you would typically think of as vintage, but I hope it works.


I went for an Art Deco pattern and colour palette, with this stitched, cover plate die. I also mounted it on gold, glitter paper for a touch of decadence.
I think the 'sending' font has that Art Deco vibe too - I'm just annoyed I didn't attach it further up! Oh well.





  • spellbinders - stitched fanfare with various threads
  • spellbinders - sending you stamps and dies
  • gold glitter paper







 







3 comments:

JanR said...

Gorgeous card! I adore the colours and the sentiment looks a-okay to me. Loving how the gold makes it all pop.

Kate said...

Stunning creation Caroline - love the thread colours you've chosen and the gold peeking through is ever so glamorous!! Your take on vintage is spot on! Thanks for taking some Time Out to play cards with us at Time Out Challenges! Can't wait to see you in the gallery again soon!
Hugs, Kate (Cards a la Kate)!

Quillish said...

Wow.. this card is so cool. Love the beautiful colors you chose - eve I did google the difference between Vintage and Antique and I can totally say yours in perfect Vintage card, also that Sending font .. Surely more than 40 years old. That reminds me, I will be Vintage in couple of years too... LOL. Thank you for taking time out and joining us. hugs ~ Ishani