Thursday 6 November 2014

Fake it till you make it


Hey there.
Today I'm sharing my FAKE shaker card with you.


 This is my card for the CASology challenge,
where the theme is
SEA

It was going to be a shaker card, until I realised I had no acetate.
So the card section with the boat die, is popped up on foam pads and the sequins
are fixed in place behind it.
Does that make sense?

You don't get the fun of a shaker card, but it's a good alternative.
 
Supplies.
Pinstripe digi dp  - Pink Petticoat.
Boat die - Provocraft
Banner - stamped in Versa Colour Bisque with die cut from WPlus9 
Sentiment - Penny Black Critters    Sequins.


14 comments:

Julie B said...

What a fun card, Caroline, you have made a great card even without the acetate. :)

catherine said...

This is a fabulous creative idea for your card Caroline and it works so well. Love the gems added.
x catherine

*Vicki* said...

That is such a clever idea! Never thought to do this!! I love your fabulous layout and blue color tones here! :) HUGS

Eve said...

Hi Caroline,
I love your fake shaker card!!
I always get annoying finger prints on acetate anyway!!

Beautiful soft colours too.
xx

Debs said...

Fab fun card Caroline - you are so clever with your designs.
Sorry I've not been around for a while.
Debs xx

Sue said...

This is gorgeous, I love the design and fabulous colours.
Sue xx

Juls said...

I adore this, hugs Juls :-) xx

Leigh Penner said...

Super sweet! I love fake shaker cards!

Deepti said...

This is brilliant way to represent the sea :) love that sweet little boat!

Judy1223 said...

Caroline, this is a fun "fake" shaker card! Love the boat die cut and the blue shaded sequins! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Pop's Cards said...

Good morning sweetie, this is just gorgeous, fab colours, hugs Pops x x x

Jen W. said...

A brilliant solution for the lack of acetate! It still has all the sweetness and fun of a shaker card and I love the colours! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Anonymous said...

Another Gorgeous project so glad I found your blog today! going to start following your blog too x

Marika said...

Really neat idea! Love it!