Saturday 20 November 2021

Home for the Holidays

Hello.
Just a quick post today, with a simple card. My brain is on a go slow. My mum was taken into hospital 2 weeks ago with a stroke and pulmonary embolism. We found her on the bedroom floor. The dementia is making treatment more difficult. It's tough.

It's nice to get half an hour in my craft room, where I can focus on die-cuts and glitter, and forget about the everyday for a while.


sorry about the rubbish photo, irl this card really sparkles! 

Challenge
 Inspired By 


wplus9 - neighbors coloured with copics
concord and 9th - tiny trees stamped in distress ink, lucky clover
avery elle falling snow die, stickles glitter - star dust, mft - snow globe sentiment


5 comments:

I Card Everyone said...

Let's pretend we can enter this darling little cabin in the woods, and find our young Mums there, Caroline. Bless you - I know from experience how difficult life can be for all involved.
Happy to have you spend that bit of free time with Inspired By, my friend! Just love your darling take on this sweet Advent Village!
=]

Jeanne H said...

Glad you can play a bit. Best wishes to you and your mom.

Danni Reid said...

Your card is amazing as always and we are grateful for this creative outlet for all the times that are real and difficult. You are in our thoughts and you are oh so inspiring in so many ways!

Lee said...

Oh Caroline,only just seen this post.So very sorry about your dear mum.I adore the card,beautifully simple and elegant.Huggles xx

Danni Reid said...

I am so sorry about your mom, many prayers for you as you care for her!!
Your card is SO gorgeous, every detail, so perfect, the coloring, the white pen, the ombre, it's all perfect!